I didn't take a ton of photos, but I think enough to see the progression.
I started first of course by sanding the flat portions with an orbital hand sander, and the rounded edges by hand. Not sure what grit sand paper I used. Knowing though that I was painting the piece and not staining it allowed me to not be so incredibly picking when it came to sanding.
|A little closer up... you can see where I sanded down a little more on some of the edges to give it a more antiqued look afterwords.|
|Finally taking the time to let it dry. I love the way the bar on the footboard looks, especially the rings in the middle.|
|With the dresser I mentioned earlier|
|I'm kinda bummed that the beautiful detailing is hidden behind the pillows!! Hadn't accounted for the fat mattress!|
|In it's place finally. The nightstand on the left is the one that matches the dresser and the little nightstand on the right was a bargain find in the clearance section of my local nursery/garden center.|