Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mexican Flank Steak


I loved how this meal turned out. The flavor was unbelievable, but even more so, I loved the way the colors played together. I marinated a flank steak using adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo, lime, cilantro, garlic, and probably olive oil.  I was a little concerned that the spice might be too much for the hubby, but it all played out nicely. I grilled the flank steak along side red peppers, vidalia onions, and poblano peppers. I would like to say the peppers came from the garden, but I've had a heck of a time with all of them except the jalapenos. I also grilled sweet corn (still on the cob). I rubbed the corn, onions, and peppers with a little olive oil and sprinkled a tiny bit of chipotle chili powder and salt on them. I used a knife to take the corn off the cob, because there's nothing less attractive than having a bunch of corn stuck in your teeth. I initially planned to make a salad using the corn, chopped up peppers, onions, and fresh tomatoes, but by the time I was done grilling everything, I just didn't want to mess with it. I chopped some grape tomatoes and added it to the corn and let it be. A little slice of fresh avocado (because what's not good with avocado?!) and I called it done.

This was definitely one of my favorite meals this summer. The flavors just screamed summer! I'll have to try this again this winter! Don't think the corn will be nearly as good, but it's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment