Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ribeye I


Ok, this picture just doesn't do this meal justice. And I might add, this is from a night when I was eating solo. And, calling it Ribeye I, because like the salmon, we like our ribeye, so there will probably be more posts. I like mine done in a very particular way... rare to medium rare, with a good char. Pretty easy. Marinades? Eh, I'll take mine with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Yep, that's it. I think going extra simple really helps bring the taste of the meat out. And oh, that char... cooking it for just a few (3-4) minutes on each side over a high charcoal heat... my mouth is watering right now. This time I topped it with some crumbled maytag blue cheese and put the whole thing on a bed of arugula (yes, home grown in that garden of mine).  I tossed the arugula with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper before hand. Simple food done well. It was the perfect summer dinner for one.

You better believe I paired it with a yummy pinot noir, too. Since I was by myself, I probably just used the Robert Mondavi private select. It's a good, reasonably priced bottle you can get at any grocery store. It tastes good, pairs well with the char of the steak and the pepperyness of the arugula, and well priced. Perfect combo if you ask me!

Looking at the picture and reading what I just wrote... I'm thinking nix the blue cheese and do a balsamic reduction over the arugula. THAT would be good. See, I'm inspiring myself already! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment