Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Salmon I






So I'm calling this Salmon I because we eat salmon pretty often and I know there will be several more Salmon entries.  I think this one was inspired by my husband craving seafood. Don't get me wrong, I love seafood too, but I think if he could, he'd top everything with a medley of crab and shrimp. My husband cooks dinner probably just as often as I do, and this was also probably a result of him cooking a couple nights in a row, and me wanting to make him something special that I knew he would like.

The stuffing is a mixture of crab, shrimp, herbs, cheese, and some other goodies. I didn't use scallops in there because I knew the taste would just be lost, therefor it wasn't worth the money. I baked it at a high temp, somewhere around 400. It was nice and medium rare to rare on the inside, with that ooey gooey tasty stuffing. Not overly seafoody believe it or not. It was really good.

The side is kale (home grown), one of our favorites. Since we eat it quite a bit, I decided to grow it in the garden this year. I usually saute some garlic and pine nuts in olive oil in a big saute pan and before it gets golden, I throw the washed and cut kale into the pan. Toss it a bit to get the olive oil, garlic, and pine nuts throughout, then add some vegetable or chicken stock (whatever I have) to it, cover it, and let it cook for about 10 minutes on a medium heat. It's good, I promise!

Such a feel good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment